M THE INSIGHT CHRONICLE NEWS
// news

Barcelona set to battle Manchester United in Saul Niguez pursuit

By John Shaw

Barcelona set to battle Manchester United in Saul Niguez pursuit

Barcelona deny Georginio Wijnaldum transfer agreement. Philippe Coutinho appears to have no future in Barcelona. 

March 23, 2026

This article was last updated by Krishna Gurung on April 27, 2026

Barcelona is set to battle Manchester United during players’ transformation. 

Manchester United is set to face stiff competition from FC Barcelona. The race to sign this summer.

According to Spanish club El Gol Digital, Saul Niguez becomes the most wanted player. Ahead of the summer transfer window, with Barcelona and Manchester United set to sign him.

The Spaniard could be considered an additional player for Atletico Madrid after the ongoing season. Saul Niguez has been a critical player for Atletico Madrid.

The better part of the last half of the decade. He has established himself as a regular on the Spanish national side. 

The 26-year-old has identified 327 Los Rojiblancos players, 43 goals, and 18 assistants to prove his worth.

However, ahead of the summer transfer window. Saul’s future at Wanda Metropolitano is full of uncertainty. 

Saul NiguezSaul Niguez( Source: Pinterest)

The reports are now saying the Colchoneros could part with him. It has aroused interest in Manchester United and Barcelona.

In the summer transfer window, Manchester United finds itself in a precarious position with the future of Paul Pogba. He now continues to be linked with a move away from Old Trafford.

If the French international leaves, United will need someone to step into the top tier, making Saul an active victim.

If not, Saul could replace the elderly Nemanja Matic, considering he can play as a leading midfielder.

Barcelona has had a problematic relationship with Georginio Wijnaldum.

On the other hand, Barcelona has had a problematic relationship with . However, the Blaugrana have recently denied having an agreement to sign him.

While the Dutchman can fill the box-to-box role, it is essential to know that is on the verge of collapse.

With Miralem Pjanic also on the wrong side of the 30-man mark. Barcelona, ​​which looks like it needs to strengthen the pre-summer stadium.

The report said Saul’s initial price would be in the region of € 50 million. The amount would indicate Atletico Madrid’s decision to sell him. 

However, his release clause is said to be €150 million. It remains to be seen whether Manchester United or Barcelona are ready to release such a sum to put Saul in the summer. Or if they are making a profit.

Barcelona deny Georginio Wijnaldum transfer agreement.

Barcelona has reportedly denied having a contract to sign Georginio Wijnaldum from Liverpool in the summer transfer window.

According to well-known Spanish journalist Gerard Romero, Barcelona has denied the allegations. They have a pre-contract agreement to sign with Georginio Wijnaldum. 

Georginio WijnaldumGeorginio Wijnaldum (Source: Talksport)

Dutch international is possible to exit from Liverpool in the summer transfer window with a free transfer.

Wijnaldum joined Liverpool from Newcastle United in 2016. Since then, he has now grown to become one of the best players in the Premier League. 

Dutch has been the pillar of success since then. The Red has enjoyed under Jurgen Klopp.

Similarly, the 30-year-old has targeted Liverpool 226 times. And he remains one of the Premier League’s top scorers. 

However, his future at Anfield has been full of uncertainty since the summer.

With Wijnaldum busy signing a new contract, his current contract expiring at the end of the season. Such a situation has alienated Barcelona.

Blaugrana moved to Wijnaldum last summer before finally settling in Liverpool. Barcelona has been able to negotiate terms on a pre-contract agreement since January.

Reports have even suggested that Barcelona has tabled their bid to sign Wijnaldum. Due to limited progress regarding the transfer to Anfield.

They could sign him to the Bosman deal as per the suggestions. The need to sign a midfielder for the second consecutive summer is also appreciated.

Philippe Coutinho appears to have no future in Barcelona. 

The Liverpool midfielder is ready to leave Camp Nou next summer. Besides, Sergio Busquets is on the wrong side of the 30s and is nearing his career’s final stage. 

Riqui Puig and Carles Alena, are currently on loan at Getafe. They have questions about their future as they have been used less by Ronald Koeman.

Philippe CoutinhoPhilippe Coutinho (Source: Football Espana)

Because of this, it is not hard to see why Barcelona is following Wijnaldum. And they had reached a pre-contract agreement to snatch him. 

However, the allegations have now is disputed by the trustworthy Gerard Romero. Who claims Barcelona has refused to close any contract with Liverpool.

Liverpool, meanwhile, appears to be planning life after Wijnaldum. with Yves Bissouma linked to a summer change as a potential replacement.

It looks like whether Barcelona will start attacking Wijnaldum or Liverpool will eventually catch him.

  • Check other Articles on

Sanjib Sah is an engineer and content writer passionate about sports and athletics. With a background in engineering and a love for all things active, Sanjib brings a unique perspective to the world of sports writing. Whether he is covering the latest trends in sports technology or sharing tips on improving your game, Sanjib's words are always rooted in a deep appreciation for players' hard work and dedication everywhere. In his free time, you can find him hitting the courts or hitting the trails, always looking for new ways to challenge himself and improve his skills.

Related articles

May 18, 2026

May 18, 2026

May 15, 2026

May 15, 2026

Comments

LEAVE A REPLY

Comment: Please enter your comment! Name:* Please enter your name here Email:* You have entered an incorrect email address! Please enter your email address here

Δ

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam.

Share article

    - May 18, 2026 Dalton, a graduate of Paynesville High School, passed away at 30. Dalton was born on July 26, 1995, in Paynesville, Minnesota. His childhood was filled...

    - May 18, 2026 A Palm Beach Gardens mother is speaking out after her daughter was reportedly mocked, barked at, and filmed by other girls during a local...

    - May 15, 2026 Jerry Lee Singleton, a 1974 graduate of DeKalb High School, where he was a standout athlete, has passed away at 70. Singleton was born on...

    - May 15, 2026 Residents living along Blackwell Road in Huthwaite are calling for urgent action after a group of children was repeatedly caught kicking front doors and...

    - May 14, 2026 Howard Paul Sr., a graduate of Black River High School, tragically passed away. Paul was born on September 15, 1951, to his father, Arthur, and...